Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Dream + Work = Zombie

image copyrighted to Diana Rhode. Visit http://www.tglass.net/DRC/Cards.htm
I've been dreaming about working lately. I wake up tired instead of rested. It has been going on for the past few weeks. Most of the times I can't remember the details but I know I was dreaming about working. The things I do at work 5 days a week, reenacted in my dreams.

I believe that dream is a way our brain organises all data received during the day. Which means working must be at least 80% what is inside my brain on most days. I do think its just plain crazy. Makes me worried to think that work is ruling my life.

I had a one to one session with my asst. manager today. I enjoy such sessions because we can actually chat about work in a way where you can comment about what you like and hate about what you're doing everyday, basically whatever it is about work. One of the things that popped up was the dreams I'm having.

I do dream about other things of course but usually as it approches the time for me to wake up, I would always ended up dreaming about work. One time it got to the point where I got physical about it. I woke up freaked out, naturally.

Of course it worries me somewhat. Its bad enough doing the work as it is but fretting about it for the rest of the hours that I am unworking is just pathetic. I suggested that perhaps I am worried about the quality of work I am doing (our work are QCed by colleagues in the UK) My asst. manager reasoned that I shouldn't be if I am doing things the right way. He is of course saying the right thing but after they took my send direct the last time (which has been returned recently) I am getting very cautious with the things I am doing. You can say I have grown paranoid that I am doing things wrongly. I did receive a good feedback the last time, yet that was the last time. I wonder how it will be for the next time... and there I go again... worrying about work when I should not be thinking about work.

Now, I'm thinking of taking some sort of supplements to help me sleep better. Asst. Manager suggested warm milk + honey. I'm thinking around the line of cough syrup... but that is like... drug abuse isn't it (heh) But heck, I don't want to be zombified : Work work, eat work, rest work, sleep work, shower work, brush teeth work... overkill.

I might be dreaming about work again tonight, though. Plus, I have to wake up early tomorrow. I have an appointment with the doctor regarding my hypertension. Yep, I have that too... yippie!!

But seriously, I do hope I would be dreaming about something else other than work for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. shower? *gasps*

    anyhow, hypertension nyer cure:
    anime
    anime
    anime
    anime
    anime
    hahahaha :P
    mimpi anime takpe kan kan kan

    ReplyDelete