Monday, January 2, 2006

Kedah trip


Meant to put this here sooner but lazy me...

11:15 PM 12/16/2005

:p The road trip was fun but not spending time here. Currently in Kedah, Bandar Darulaman, Taman Siswa UUM. Reason: for an extremely successful cousin's wedding.

My cousin, the one whose getting married is OK. I have nothing against him. He is really a nice guy. But his half sibs annoys me. :P Fuckin' hate em!

Alright,we set out from home at 12 noon. The drive was long but my sister and I love long road trips. I mean, we really love it because we used to do it a lot when Ayah was around and he was still working with Agricultural Ministry. We used to go around this side of Malaysia. So, long trips always bring fond memories. Good thing that we both can drive so, it was either me or my sister.

Has been awhile going as far Kedah. I used to study in Kulim, but that was 5 years ago. So it feels really good. The scenery was great, especially Kedah. All the paddy fields! It was raining on and off, but everything was hardly eventful. The usual bickering between my sister and I makes the journey more 'interesting' but overall it was enjoyable.

But then, when we got here,everything turns shitty thanks to my cousins :P

Orang cam bagus berkumpul beramai-ramai akan menghasilkan satu effect yang sangat menyakitkan hati. Although I tried not to feel so worked up about it but its difficult because the proximity is too close. Thank God they are staying at different houses!

Now... its late. I need to o to sleep. I did slept for an hour previously but tomorrow going to be a LONG day. so, I better go. I wish I can be more visually descriptive about the road trip but I am a bit challenged in that department.

Adieu, mon ami. May tomorrow be a better day~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

8:42 PM 12/17/2005

Day2 in Kedah

Nyeh! This student house is nice. It has all the basic neccesaties. Fridge, stove, clean toilet and bathroom, flushable toilet, good water pressure, TV plus air conditioning other than the ceiling fans on each room.

It has 3 rooms, each rooms has two beds, I'm sharing with my sister, my mom is sharing with my aunt and there is another one Lily, the makes up artist is in the last room alone. My brother and family will be joining tonight, so Lily was nice enough to help my sister move one of the single bed in her room outside to allow my aunt because my mom decided to move out of the room to allow my brother to her room for this night.

Lily is by the way a trans. Which explains why we need to move out the bed instead of just bunking in.

Anyway, the akad nikah was this morning. Went smoothly. We set out at about 10am, lots of picture taking in the mosque. I sat in one corner like a kera sumbang... wait... I am one when it comes to these people. Then we went to the bride's house for some makan-makan.

Then we went back. Going around the town, looking for my sister's anak tudung :P Also some beras to cook for tomorrow. Found a convenient 5kg pack, which means we don't have to lug around the excess rice.

Its raining the whole day. Still raining now. It rains since morning. It was raining all the way, it was raining on our way back. Rain, rain, rain...

Remind me of Bleach OVA : Memories in the rain...

Didn't go anywhere other than the akad. Just stayed in, beh tido... tido tido tido...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

8:34 PM 12/18/2005

Day Three. Flood.

I woke up later than yesterday. But there was no rush as today is only for the jamuan makan.

But then news came that due to the non stop rain yesterday, the bride's house is flooded. Its impossible to held the Jamuan there.

Plan B went into motion. Everything was shifted to the nearby Golf & Country Club. Everything was delayed for about an hour while they shift people from the bride's house to the Country Club. Then, everything went back as planned. As I was saying my cousin is an ultra successful person his age (our age I should say. he is younger than me by a month!) to think that there was actually a Plan B. In normal circumstances, we would just brave the flood. What and how money can help you!!

By the way, guest of honours were Khairy Jamaluddin and wife, Nuri Abdullah (that's son in law and daughter of our PM) After eating and shtuff, there was some picture taking. (I was of course off frame :P )

My brother who arrived last night went back, as well as some of me cousins. Of course after thoroughly making sure that highway is not flooded (it is, at KM 10 and 28, which does not effect us... I checked the map and PLUS)

We stayed, tomorrow we will go home. We won't be able to head further north as the flood is getting worse, if you watch the news tonight, they mentioned places where we are, the situation is getting worse.

Hopefully, we would be able to go to Pasar Rabu because my mom wanted to get something. Then another long trip home. I hope the flood won't get so bad that they would close down the highway or we will be stuck here :(

No comments:

Post a Comment