Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ugh Run Wani Run!

Progressively losing 500 gm (1.1 lb) a day. I am glad. I feel better, I look better, the clothes has a bit more space than before and my hair isn't falling off as bad as it used to. Today, I am weighing in at 116.3kg (256.4 lb). The target of 115 kg by the end of May doesn't sound impossible at all right. Haha looks crazy heavy in lb, but to be honest, to get down to my target of 60 kg (132 lb) that would take about four months at this rate I'm going.. but honestly, I am not delusional. If it happens in four months, that would be great, if it takes double, triple the time, that would be great too. It takes time to gain this weight, don't expect it would magically comes off in a blink of an eye. But yeah, I am excited to think that the last time I was at 60kg was probably when I was 12.

However, I do think I need to stash the scale somewhere. I kept jumping on it checking everyday. Always after my morning shower after the walk. It's not highly recommended because should you hit another plateau, you may get discouraged.. Jon Gabriel advised to check every six months instead but damn scale is so readily accessible I just HAVE to find out! Perhaps I will start checking every week instead of everyday.

Since yesterday, instead of plain walking, I have included some running in my walks. I never like running because its merciless to my ankles and surprisingly, my hips. It hurts like turd if I run. What can I say I weigh like a baby whale and the poor joints which are designed for a leaner frame is really taking a toll on each impact (I think its like a tonne or something based on a certain calculation) And when I hurt, I would still go for walks but then it gets unbearably painful that I have to quit altogether.

But after going through the same thing for a few days I got -gasps- bored of the routine. Ugh, I am seriously easily bored! So I start jogging gently, careful not to hurt myself. Yeah I cheated that I jog downhill and on even surface and walk uphill but hey, better than nothing at all right?

I also played mind-games that from this lamp post to the next two posts, I must run, then the next two posts walk then the next run and so on and at certain point I imagined of being chased by my sister. I don't want to imagine something dangerous because that place can get deserted at times, and I totally believe the law of attraction so better my sister running after me than anything else.

Its super tiring, my legs were crying for mercy not of the joint pains, but the lazy muscles that has been left unexcited for decades. So were my arms ugh they burned and spasmed slightly. Yes, I am so not fit but I have to say, I am better than I was a month ago because there's hardly any joint pains. I guess, my body FAT switch is off and it's helping me to keep up with my routine and not be discouraged by random aches and pains.

To be honest I would start approaching the walk with slight dread. I was never physical. I do get worried if I get too tired or got hurt or something but I insist that I gotta do this and if I keep it up for 21 days, after that it will be ingrained and I get used to it. My mom has been great. Its Saturday but she woke me up as if it is weekdays. And even though I don't have to send my niece to school, I still have to go for my jog and yeah again I woke up groggy but nothing a cold water to the face can't fix.

After the run I would be so dead tired that I could hardly take that shower. But what makes it amazing, is after the shower and 20 minutes lie down with The Book, I feel GREAT! Seriously. I look forward to tomorrow's run as I have looked forward to today's run yesterday. And to think, I hated running so much before.

I feel great and my mind isn't so boxed up. At this point, I feel euphoric that anything is possible. Maybe one day bungee jumping who knows. I always wanna challenge my extreme fear of height.

Before that, I would want to buy me a mountain bike so I can cycle around, that would be uber fun! I love riding bike!

p/s : I made Nestum yesterday. Its one of those denatured food, and its wheat, double wham.. at first I felt like I want it but I just took one spoon in my mouth but I couldn't stomach it, I threw it away. Wow, I loved that stuff before. Now, I couldn't even force myself to eat it... mind power much?

No comments:

Post a Comment