Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blood pressure has improved :D

I went for my physical check yesterday. The good thing about it is my blood pressure is at 120/82, that's like doing pretty good in my book, because my readings could be like 190/85 easy before. My last work related health check classified me as having hypertension, but this one didn't. The doctor just gave an advice to take good care of myself since I have family history of being diabetic and having hypertension.

So, that's another benefit of taking better care of your health.

I missed jogging on Sunday because we have to go to the market. Got lots of vegetables and the fridge is stocked since a long while. I feel so damn secure... The wonder of having a stocked fridge would do to the mind. Did go for a bit of walk in the afternoon, carrying my nephew on my shoulders, so yeah that's some workout actually but I didn't really count that because I ate a nice rice porridge after that, made by my sis-in-law but that was nice anyway, since haven't seen them for 2 weeks already (record time, lol)

Missed the morning jog on Monday because I have that health check, so I went in the afternoon. Ran further than I have ever been at the park. Maybe I could actually do a full circle eventually.

And then, I went for a jog this morning. Takes shorter time to complete the track again. And ugh! I was so lazy too today I don't know why..

I'm thinking of making a brothy greens with potato and egg for lunch today. And maybe go jogging at the park later. I am a little worried because when I start on 31st May, my shift will be from 8.30am to 5.30pm daily, so I won't have time for my usual jogs and walks except for weekend for six weeks... So, probably I'm gonna really use that kickboxing CD...

Oh yeah, my new colleague, a girl that will be joining with me at the new place, OMFG she is awesome! She is my height but built like a model and she already got 2 kids. She can look glamorous but she do jungle trekking! She asked me if I would like to join and I'm like whoah really? Hell yeah! My sister knows I hate jungle trekking but that would be something good to do since I am more outdoorsy now. I'd like to challenge myself. She suggest doing lots of lunges exercises because that's what would really help you when jungle trekking and its a great exercise for sexier legs. I did lunges before and I know it burns the thighs. I'm a little scared but then I guess if I can be from couch potato to jogging every morning kinda person, I can start doing lunges too. She is awesome friendly and she said I am energetic and she likes that. I think being around her can definitely help me shed a few more kilos towards my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment