Friday, September 23, 2005

Mummification

Listening to : Sobakasu, Judy & Mary from Rurouni Kenshin

Semalam adalah antara hari yang paling interesting since I work at my current workplace.
We had a mummy wrapping contest. Which was originally my idea I might add *smiles proudly*
But it was the whole team effort which was great. Despite having high queue this week, we managed to pull it off quite well. The managers were very happy with the result.
It was pretty apt, simple fun, simple preparation but pacts a whole load of fun and amuses the spectators who bothers to gather around to watch 19 different mummies standing on the stage. The wrapping itself which we designated should be done in 5 mins with 3 toilet rolls was fun to watch. They were haphazard simply said. Its also great to see that some team came prepared with accessories. One team prepared a rasta looking made out of toilet paper. One brought a kingly crown and a katana O_o which I'm not really sure if its real or not. This other guy did the whole samping songkok thing which I thought a bit too dressy :P Today, we will give out the prizes during Friday Highlight. Although we are still having some issues reg the certs that we are planning to give to the contestants, I think we pull it off quite well. Hopefully today the certs issue can be settled and the prize giving can run as smoothly.

Later that night, we also had 2 people for the new team that will be the future addition in our dept. They were just sitting in to listen to the calls we make. One of them sat with me and listened to a call I made. The background was noisy but I could hear the customer well enough but he thought everything sounded so noisy and its amazing that I could make out what the customer said. Considering that I've done this for over six months now, I quite understand his reaction. It was daunting for me too back then. I could hardly understand what the customers were saying back then. But I guess doing the same thing for six months does do wonders to your brain. You just developed the skill and you just get used to it. However, I wouldn't say it was a smooth learning thing. There were ups and downs, getting angry customer, complaints, and customers who prefer to speak to their fellow countrymen instead of us. But then again, you also get really nice customers who were gracious, grateful, thankful for all the help you have given. Even now, six months down the road, you still get the ups and downs. Part of the job.
Well.. that job I will go to in two hours time. I should be doing this entry last night but I was too tired when I got home, so I went straight to bed.

Okes, the theme for today is.... FLOWER POWER!!! heh.

1 comment:

  1. your idea, and that biatch got the credit? wow.

    ReplyDelete