Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bazaar Ramadhan

You would think they got scared of H1N1, you thought wrong! The mob was so big that even the cars had to stop at the green light to allow people crossing. Me being anal about road safety and following rules gotten quite pissed off even when I am one of the pedestrian. I didn't join the crazy jay walking mind you, I just stood there, waiting for my turn thinking in my head, they must be very hungry to be so impatient. I just don't understand why they can't wait for the crossing signal to go green first, like the bazaar gonna shut down in 5 seconds if they don't get there fast enough. Malaysian can be such dumbasses to something as obvious as crossing the road...

Anyway, these are the photos, I tried taking more but my N80 only has one bar worth of power so it died on me. Never planned on snipping pictures anyway...

Ok, some do try to 'protect' themselves with the mask. But the crowd was something else, at a few points, people could hardly move. If someone suddenly shouted BOMB!! there could be death today. 

Another angle of the madness.  Ooh babies, they should have known better to bring young children in such a highly crowded place like this. 


Colourful choices of drinks from left to right, melon, corn, sirap, keladi and bandung. All with the goodness of added preservatives, colorings and artificial flavours but what the heck, as if I even care about all that!

Ayam percik, the legs. I bought one of this. I haven't eaten it yet, its in the rice cooker being kept warm for sahur. 


I bought one of this too. The breast and side part. 

I could have taken a much better picture quality as there were countless array of kuih muih, all in different colours you can think off. I doubt they can sell all of them in one afternoon, so what happen to the rest? 

The stuff they sell on the stick. The usual food fan fair for pasar malam also on sale during Ramadhan. Fish balls, crab balls, prawn balls, crab sticks, hot dogs, quail eggs, dimsum, wanton wantan, anything they can stuck a stick through is here. 

This is only 1/25 of what on sale, there are repeat shows but there are so many other stuff on sale, tapping on Malaysia consumerism during Ramadhan month. One rejoicing factor to me to have other races joining in the fun, yes, I am all in for the Ramadhan bazaar food escapade. Just have to be careful on your expenditure though. 

For this afternoon alone, I had Kuih tepong komak RM2, Murtabak RM10, Ayam Percik RM9, Soy drink RM4. Just four items and I spent RM25, can't be spending this much daily on bazaar haul. I have another 29 days to go. 

Selamat Berpuasa Ramadhan Al-Mubaraq everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment