Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eyeshadows experiments

Pink, lavender and violet

Bloodshot eyes no less... 

Chocolate and gold for smokey effect. Shiny forehead alert.

Lime, green and teal. Shiny forehead alert. Forgive my oily T-zone.

 

Creamy white and brown on eyelids and waterline, eyes appear bigger than it is. 

I will play with my make up when I'm bored. And lately I am bored all the time...

My essentials are powder foundation, lip color and liquid eyeliner. (not mascara like most people) These three things are must haves. The rest would be added in if I feel like it. 

For work I would wear ridiculous amount of make up so that by the time I actually reach the office, the layers would melt off revealing the actual muted look. Yes, that's cosmetic science for you. I have to walk for 10 minutes under hot sun daily to get to the office from my parking spot. Unforgiving Malaysian heat. 

If I feel so extravagant or for special occasion I will start with concealer and foundation, then powder foundation, eyeshadows, eyeliners (gel/liquid... never pencil) and eyebrow color (pencil/powder) mascara and sometimes with falsies for my lashes. Finish off with lip color, usually lipstick layered with gloss, and finally blush/bronzer on my ample cheeks. All the gunk on my face, 11 products in all, 25% of them would usually be melted off by the time I reach the place or event. Sometimes I wonder why bother. But I guess the act itself is like prepping yourself mentally. You know, like putting on war paint like my sister said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment