Sunday, July 12, 2009

Catching up on things, by the look of it... A LOT

It's just so bizzare that although I am online almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week, I still don't update the blog as often as I should. I have to admit except for my angstiness at work, there isn't much to write about... or is it? Should I begin for what I did to my money last month?

I bought this


Philips SalonDry Pro 2200W HP4991

I have been looking for a salon grade dryer for a long time. I needed the higher watt found on the salon dryer as this will minimise the damage to hair when drying and styling. Unlike what the usual home grade dryer offers that would only go as high as 1500W/1800W, this dryer goes as high as 2200W. So I got one of these babies which come with a diffuser and a concentrator. Its humongous, compared to my relatively new Panasonic EH5934 but weighs lighter than the smaller dryer. Go figure. Performance wise, I have been very busy to actually sit down and try to do a proper styling other than blow drying my hair and straightening the kinky roots. However, I do noticed that it does its work quicker than the generic dryer with lower wattage.

This dryer comes with 6 lever for heat and speed and also a button for cold shots to set your style. (I am beginning to sound like Michelle Phan now)

Not only that, I was in a rather experimental mode when I also bought this

Philips Salon Multistylist 10 in 1 HP4698

Alright, I am a pure amateur in term of hair styling so I have a mixed feeling with this product because I have been trying to create curls in my hair but have not been satisfied with the result. This styler basically comes with 8 different styler to create whatever style you fancy. I am either not having enough knowledge to use this or the heat is not strong enough. I have been making references on YouTube and Video Jug. They make it look so easy but my hair tend to become undone even when I don't touch it while its cooling down. But my hope is still there. I think I just need to be more brave with the styling product (hairspray, mousse, cream, gel) which I hate to put in my hair but if that needs to be done, I will experiment further and update if I am successful.

Don't you find it weird that I am so busy trying to curl up my hair when I actually rebonded it straight from its naturally curly self? Mengada-ngada tak?

On the entertainment side, quite recently in the program of movies and drama exchange with Dyb, she gave me a Korean Yaoi drama, Antique. Ok, yeah so its one of the genre I read if it is a manga... or an anime. But she thought I would appreciate the movie more than she does I guess so she gave me a copy. I am thankful for that ;)




In Antique, the genius patissier is played by Kim Jae Wook. Yes, this pretty boy below that somehow reminded me of Kimura Takuya.


Kim Jae Wook brooding :)

To me, he is very attractive in that girlish sort of way so I was wondering how he looks like in his other works, so I googled it and look what I found...

... last year, while flipping a tween magazine that my niece brought home, I saw this serial korean drama that caught my attention and been wanting to watch eversince, it is called...



COFFEE PRINCE!!!

The trailer ~





Oh, where do I start on this one? This is the most hyped about Korean drama when it came out but I only started out last month and falling in love with it really really hard.

Yeah, Kim Jae Wook, is one of the coffee boys in here but he was not the lead...


Go! Go! Goh Eun Chan!

...she is, the lovely Yoon Eun Hye as Goh Eun Chan, who is actually really, a beautiful actress and model...


Yeah, all three of them are Yoon Eun Hye because one is not enough!

Looks totally different! I think she shed some pounds last year. Look at this commercial.





She looks amazing! Although I prefer a fuller Yoon Eun Hye but I guess a star got to do what a star got to do to stay marketable. 

Coffee Prince was done back in 2007. The story began with Goh Eun Chan going around town with a Honda Cub delivering Korean noodles to a ladies public bathhouse and got mistaken as a boy. A mayhem understandably began soon after. See, Eun Chan is a hardworking girl which does multiple jobs to make ends meet for her family. Due to this rough lifestyle, she appears boyish and kept being mistaken as a boy.

Through a series of somewhat unfortunate events, she ended up working with a man who thinks that she is really a boy at a coffee shop. 

He is the coffee shop manager, Choi Han Kyul potrayed by the ever so talented Gong Yoo. 


Wet stained shirt intended, part of the story.

And I am besotted with him @_@, or his character as Han Kyul. He is an extremely good actor. Expressions and body language says it all. Good direction of the story really helps as well. See, he is not that good looking by standard (admittedly, very well build, so plus plus points on that) but you will get drawn to the character as you watch the series.  Oh, and he is tall too. 184cm is pretty tall to me. Good 14cm taller than I am XD. Can't really tell from the picture, can you?

What I really love about Coffee Prince is of course the good story line. Its basically around the exploits of the two characters Han Kyul and Eun Chan falling in love with each other through a weird love polygon. But the hitch is, Han Kyul is thinking that he is going out of his mind being in love with Goh Eun Chan because he is not gay while Eun Chan tries to keep her secret as long as she can in fear of losing Han Kyul. Yeah weird, I know! All of this messed up mumbo jumbo pseudohomo relationship while trying to bring in profits of the coffee shop that is about to go bankrupt. Now, that's story telling I tell you!

And the coffee shop is really cute and you will have a new appreciation of a barista... not your average Starbucks kind :D

You got to love Gong Yoo's acting as Han Kyul as he goes through the phases of his love to Eun Chan. I will post my favourite scenes later when I managed to get all the series.

Oh, Kim Jae Wook in this series is such a taciturn, so different from his character in Antique. But he still have beautiful silky hair and lean body ;)

On a different note, Kim Jae Wook first dancing scene at the club in Antique oddly resembles my Slam Dunk Fanfic of Rukawa Kaede dancing written 6 years ago. You know, when he was wearing that sheer top. Mine was black shirt with a tank top underneath XD Its like, the animated version of my fic or something. Cool and weird at the same time. You would wonder what kind of fanfics I used to write ^_~ HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!!!

Right now, I am obsessing on Michelle Phan educational make up and skin care tutorials on YouTube. This girl is so pretty and damn talented as well. A geek too! What a perfect package. Go see and be enlightened!

I am also loving Little Britain and my favourite, Daffyd and his I'm the only gay in the village skit. You gotta love that tight, tight, tight costume he wears.





That's it for now. Its a pretty long entry with loads of linkages, pictures and video. Hope Blogger won't mess it up! See you soon on my next update :D

No comments:

Post a Comment