Monday, July 20, 2009

I love Sushi!

I'm broke, but I since mom not in today, I decided its a good day to go Japanese!

I was thinking for Alamanda but I opted to the closer Jusco instead as I was not in the spirit to visit a mall just for Sushi. 

Restaurant of choice... SUSHI KING!

I'm a big Japanese fan if you can't tell yet. I don't know why. I just think they are really crazy people with culture and mentality that mixes the old and the new, with very distinctive lines at the same time. Its just nuts. At the same time, I'm still haunted by the autrocities committed during WW2, so its a mixed feeling but like I said, a big fan anyhow! One of my dreams in life to visit Hokkaido, Tokyo, Kyoto and Okinawa, spending at least a month in that country. Which is almost impossible because its very expensive and if it does happen, my diet will be reduced to raw fishes only while I'm there =P

Not to be off tangent too long, my lunch at Sushi King were...

Udon is my favourite, its fat, smooth and chewy. I'm also a big beef fan. So beef and fat noodles combination in a cute pot is a perfect meal for me. 

I had a big sushi craving so while waiting, I filled myself up on the sushi from the conveyer belt. I love salmon, because its delicious. It being healthy food is a bonus. I have great respect for Salmon. I watched a lot of National Geographic Special growing up. To me, they are hardy fishes, who work hard for a living. Very spirited, so it tastes really good too. The raw salmon tastes fresh and great while the smoked one has a slight salty taste but I had two plates of each anyways. So greedy XD

The cuttlefish, ika in Japanese is something that I would eat when I feel I'm up to it. Due to its smell I would sometimes feel like I want to throw up once it is at the back of my throat. But like I said, if I feel I want the thrill of it, I will eat it. I just had one plate, if I go for second I would start to feel it crawling up my throat. But I like the texture because its smooth and chewy. I just put extra wasabi on so that the smell wouldn't bother me much. But I put too much wasabi on the cuttlefish today and had an out of body experience when the fume crawled up my nasal passage. I could literally feel it travelling from my throat, up my nose and up through my nasal cavities... my cheeks, forehead. It was gooood. 

Another favourite of mine is inari. Sweet dried tofu. I love chewy stuff so I can't help liking the dried tofu. And its being sweet really agrees to my tastebuds. 

I wish there were these on the belt and I'm too lazy to order them, not sure if its not in season or what. 

Green soybeans is really healthy and refreshing to eat. Its almost addictive at how you have to pop it out of its pods and into your mouth. Being delicious doesn't hurt either.

I love this sushi because the ginger and the marinated mackerel is really fresh and the fish texture is slightly chewy. You can really taste the marinated mackerel juice as you chew :D

I didn't go alone of course although, I had done so before. Tehah had these...

I like the golden ball too, its a fun food, kids love it. But I was not in the mood for it today. 

I usually avoid the stuff they make under the maki section of the menu, because they are quite not so adventurous. 

July is the dessert promotion month.  

I don't usually buy the ice cream. They are really nice but selling at RM7.50 a piece I would usually skip the desert. But I am feeling rather indulgent today so I bought these...

In me and Tehah hands...

Photobucket

Photobucket

When you buy the Macha and Jumbo ice cream, you get to buy the Taiyaki at RM3.50. I just let myself get talked into buying them. 

Macha is actually an Indian word the locals used here to address young men, I think its colloquial. So, I find that really funny so I insist to spell it Matcha instead. 

The Japanese are big on this green tea, read bean concoction. But thank goodness no Salmon or Squid Ink Ice Cream on sale as Sushi King... See this blog to learn more on Japanese Ice Cream

They used to have a black sesame ice cream, the wafer is black, shiny black. Its almost blue. They don't sell them anymore. Its delicious and its not often you can put something so oddly colored in your mouth without fearing for your life. 

Hmm... just by going to Sushi King today, I created one long log on it. I go to Sushi King relatively often. What can I say, I love sushi. I even have a member card. This is basically what I would eat here anyway. Drink of choice will always be cool green tea, because I hate eating with hot drinks. 

Getting late, I wanna take a bath and get clean up before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment