Friday, July 31, 2009

Dengar

Oh, going back to my roots, listening to Malay songs now. HA HAH. 

Sudah, jangan tak sedar diri. Dah ler gemok, idung kembang, itam pulak tu, perasan nak jadi orang putey. 

The thing is, I have been dissapointed for a long time for the Malay songs. I stopped listening back in 1995. Before that I actually listened to lots of Malay songs. Come on, back then mana ada Hitz.fm ke, Fly.fm ke. Ko dengar je lah Radio KL ke, Muzik.fm ke, apa apa jelah channel lagu RTM. They have a mix of local and English songs back then. I remember Wind of Change by Scorpions and All That She Wants by Ace of Base were on the top of the chart for like 3 months in a row or something. Crazy =P

After a while I got sick by the same style of composition and melody. Memang naik terjeluwek balik balik benda sama je, tajuk je lain lain... I hated it that much, I forgot most songs that I actually liked back then.... 

I only remember Roy's Ratnaku, Aris Ariwatan's Lamunan Terhenti and Hattan's Memburu Rindu. Search and Wings are reliable ones. I love them, even now. Pretty sexay Malay songs. HAHA. What am I saying? Sexy Malay is an oxymoron. 

Mari Berkaraoke...

Then, suddenly...finally... after over 10 years since I care, indies gone mainstream. HEY!!!! Awesome tune, like mind bogglingly good, so proud to say, these sh*t is from Malaysia, man! Then the pop and ballad stuff also gotten better. Impressive! They did try to improve... finally. 

So, here I am tonight.. begrudingly admitting that Faizal Tahir songs are listenable (can't stop imagining the T-shirt incident though) just because I heard him singing live Sports Carnival last Saturday. He was doing a practice skit but I thought, damn, this dude is a pretty serious thing. 

And also Nubhan of AF6. He got a pretty good voice too, for that only song he ever sing. Izinkan ku Pergi from Kaer also is not bad. I love the video clip. Aizat the boy that loss all his cuteness not only sing but writes well, and my favourite. HUJAN! This band is utter genius. That is all I can say. 

My Malay songs collection isn't big. I think my Japanese songs are even bigger than my Malay ones. It would probably be like 10% of my total collection, but its still there in me Walkman in a little folder called Roots =P

My sister birthday present to me on my 28th birthday! Isn't my sister a darling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment