Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Talking about cats...

I am such a cat person. I love cats. Heck, I even play with alley cats if they are friendly and clean enough. But I'm a busy person and I have commitment issues when it comes to cats because I hate the sense of lost you feel should the cat go missing one day, which is often in my experience growing up. I remember crying so hard whenever a pet cat goes missing or even worse, dies. Its like a mental issues now. Cats are unreliable, don't love them too much.

Even when I have a cat now, I just deal with it like ok, feed it, light pat on the head, watching its antics from the side, gentle stroke on its back and that's it. But really, I am a huge cat lover and would have a choice of owning a cat, I want one of these..

Picture from Animal Pictures Archive

It is a Japanese Bobtail. Characterised by a bob of a tail (not crooked or anything, just a tiny nub of a tail) and thicker, strong hind legs.  It also has an extremely charming personality for a cat. 

The thing is, there was a stray that came to our house one day back when I was in secondary school that decided to make itself at home. Back then, I have no idea that it is in fact a rather rare breed. I just thought that this cat looks like a rabbit, so I called it Cabbit (yeah, silly huh). It became my pet for a long long time and its such a social little thing, he loves hanging around with me. Until one fateful day, it didn't come home for a few days. Being a male cat, I had thought he was making his rounds, sowing some wild oats. But after a while he was away longer than usual and finally clicked in my mind that I need to get worried. I had thought that he had enough of us and decided to find a better home.

Until my neighbour relayed a sad news that she found his remains after he was ran over by a car. She had 'kindly' threw his body into a rubbish truck too and it basically happened a week before she broke the news to my mom.

Since I didn't exactly saw him die, I didn't bawled my eyes out. But a loss non the less because like I said, for a cat, it is a very social thing and would love to hang out with me, sitting behind my shoulders and all. I miss that stupid cat and I still can imagine him being white with spotted black on his head and back, something like the picture. (The one in the picture is calico, what I had was black and white)

I only realised that its in fact a breed a couple of years back while going through an online cat lover site. *sigh* 

I was watching more cute cats antics on You Tube, thus this nostalgic talks on cats. This one is very cute. I guess its being Japanese upped a few notches on cuteness level, hahaha!

The whole set of videos of Moire the cute kitteh is here

No comments:

Post a Comment