Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pari asam podeh

My mom, who I fondly calls Ibu is the best cook I've ever known. You would probably say the same thing about your own mom but I really mean that my mom is the best cook ever because, most people I know who tried her food can't stop gabbing about it to me to the point of embarrassment, of course right after the blossoming pride and all. 

You have to see how big I am to understand what a great job she has done. 

Since I almost always talk about the food I normally eat at dinner at the mamak's and my other favourite food joints, I should be featuring what she cook for the day.  

While she would go all out in her entertaining mode, her home cooking is pretty humble since there's only three of us at home and as I would put it, makan nasik berlauk, bukan makan lauk bernasik :P

Today, she did ikan pari masak asam podeh.

She don't know this but I love this dish a lot. Just any asam pedas would do if its her cooking. She doesn't know I like it because if she does, this would be the only dish I would see for the next 2 weeks, so lets keep it a secret OK.  The ikan pari (rays to you mortals hah hah hah haaa) is the perfect fish for this dish.  And being my mom its important that the pieces isn't cut small. She loves big chunky pieces in her cooking (macam anak dia jugak, chunky)

In my life, the only other way a ray is cooked is by frying (selalu tak laku nih, it would ended up becoming stale and smelling like urine after awhile). But I prefer masak asam pedas for this fish. Ibu will also add different kind of spices in and not forgetting belacan (aka prawn paste). Lauk ni, kalau tinggal kuah pun aku makan XD memang best!

Enough of masak asam pedas, but still on food. 

Had a chat at office today about the baldy guy who eats anything bizarre. Andrew Zimmern his name on Discovery Travel and Living

My colleague said that apparently while he was in Singapore, he ate a few bizarre food and one of it was.... *drumrolls*

Rojak...

I don't know what so bizarre about boiled egg, tofu, water chestnut, cucumber, flour cakes and chicken in a peanut sauce...  This one accompanied with my prerequisite Kopi 'O' Ais. 

I am following Awan Okinawa Berlalu. I'm a fan albeit a silent one way back then. Just suddenly remembered her again yesterday so I googled and found her blog. Thought I would say hi this time. 

I think I need to expand my Opera's speeddial from 4 x 4 to 4 x 5 O_O

1 comment:

  1. salam cutecat,

    nampak eh, sodap bonar asam podeh tu.
    Timo kasih ye buat pautan kek tulisan jahrera.

    Memang lamo bonar cutecat menghilang tapi dah jumpo kito semulo.

    Bee Happy and cute always.

    ReplyDelete